Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Perspective of Art

     Most of us aren't even that hard to understand, it boggles my mind how people spend hours standing in front of us and pondering they're ideas on what we might mean. Can't you take a picture? It lasts longer, though I can't really say that with the consideration of the tight security around here. Not to mention this awful glass case I've been put in, can you say "claustrophobic"? And I absolutely hate all the attention that I'm getting...GO SOME PLACE ELSE! If you don't mind that is..but what's the fascination? I've been sitting here for years and it happens everyday...I'm stared at by complete strangers who judge me and put these labels on me...they snare, they fill the crowded space with "hmm" and "oh?", and just stand and stare. There are so many other paintings just like me...so why me? Is it because of the calming strokes of the blues and dark purples? Or maybe its my lovely red frame? You wouldn't believe how many darn fingerprints are on my case right now....how are they actually suppose to see my whole self when so many people are poking at the glass. Now I know how fish feel... Anyways, I'm thinking about what they could possibly be thinking about, and I think its how beautifully the stars are painted on me and how artfully placed they are. They pop out of me compared to the dark and calming strokes. I wish I could talk to you more but the museum is closing and its time for the custodian to wash away the waved lines of finger prints left by the palms and fingertips of strangers, I'll be seeing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment